[gst-devel] metadata reated

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 17:54:28 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 21:29 +0530, Vinod Nanjaiah wrote:

> There is a minor problem that I noticed regarding Meta data/Tag information:
> GST_TAG_AUDIO_CODEC and GST_TAG_VIDEO_CODEC are defined to be "audio_codec"
> and "video_codec".

They are actually defined as "audio-codec" and "video-codec".

> But when retrieving tags 'mad' returns "audio codec" and "video codec"
> (without underscore).

What do you mean by 'mad returns'?  If you're looking at the output of
gst-launch-0.10 -t, then it will show 'audio codec' instead of
'audio-codec', that's right; however, in this case 'audio codec' is what
you get if you do gst_tag_get_nick(GST_TAG_AUDIO_CODEC).  Also, I doubt
the 'mad' element posts any video codec tags.

If you're not looking at the output of gst-launch -t, then you need to
provide more information about what you're doing exactly.

 Cheers
  -Tim