[gst-devel] Bumping the GLib requirement to GLib-2.12?

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 12:40:06 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 17:05 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> We're still tied heavily to fc5, so I would appreciate still working
> against that.

That means bumping the requirement to 2.10 for now would be ok, right?

> We could roll in a newer glib package in the next testing cycle we have
> though, which would be within the next 2-3 months.

Great, sounds like a plan. Out of curiosity: I was wondering how bumping
the requirements in CVS affects your production platform exactly - care
to elaborate a bit? (Surely you're not just dropping releases into the
running system between 'testing cycles', so why wait?)

> Right now I'm still building packages on the website for fc4 and fc5 btw

Oh, you are? I was under the impression those hadn't been updated for
eternities.

 Cheers
  -Tim