[gst-devel] Gstreamer transcoding Flash FLV in 0.10

Coffman, Steven gears at umich.edu
Thu Dec 20 21:11:08 CET 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to convert a script that uses ffmpeg to one using Gstreamer
for transcoding to Flash (VP6 codec FLV format) from pretty much any
source format.

Currently I do this:
 1. ffmpeg -i movie.[avi] -s 320x240 -ar 44100 -r 12 movie.flv
 2. cat movie.flv | flvtool2 -U stdin movie.flv

(s = size, ar= sample rate, r=frame rate, and flvtool2 = adds the video
duration into the FLV's metadata)

ffenc_flv doesn't seem to offer arguments that are direct equivalents of
size, sample rate, and frame rate, and I can't find the arguments list
for ffmux_flv.

I don't know if it's helpful, but I do have a Gstreamer pipeline that
transcodes to OGG without specifying the resulting size:

gst-launch-0.10  oggmux name="mux" ! filesink location="output.ogg"  \
       filesrc location="input.ext" ! decodebin name="d" \
           { d. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! queue ! mux. }
\
           { d. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! vorbisenc !
queue ! mux. }

However, this doesn't seem to translate directly for some reason:

gst-launch-0.10 ffmux_flv name ="mux" ! filesink location="output.flv" \
filesrc location="input.ext" ! decodebin name="d" \
           { d. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_flv ! queue ! mux. }
\
           { d. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! ffenc_flv !
queue ! mux. }

Has anyone done something similar in the past?
-Steve