[gst-devel] gst-launch and AVI file with only good plugins

Vinay mailtovins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 04:24:38 CET 2007

Hello Vinay,

MPEG2DEC plugin comes as part of gst-plugins-ugly package. It requires
an external library mpeg2dec which you need to install to use the
plugin.

You can use ffmpeg codecs to play your MPEG4 AVI file. You need to
install the ffmpeg package to get all the codecs.

The pipeline will look something like this,
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=test.avi ! avidemux name=d d. ! queue
! ffdec_mpeg4 ! sdlvideosink d. ! queue ! mad ! audioconvert !
alsasink.

Regards,
Vinay K.