[gst-devel] RTP stream conversion and storage

Aaron Lindsey aaron at 8bh.com
Wed Dec 26 20:44:20 CET 2007

Hi.  I've got an Axis camera that I'm working with.  I'd like to take the
mpeg4 rtp stream and save it to an ogg theora file.  I can use the
following pipeline to view the mpeg4 stream and it works perfectly:

rtspsrc location=rtsp://10.9.0.147/mpeg4/media.amp ! rtpmp4vdepay !
ffdec_mpeg4 ! xvimagesink

I attempted to replace the "xvimagesink" element with the following to
save to ogg theora:

theoraenc ! oggmux ! filesink location=test.ogg

I get an ogg theora video file, but the timing is way off.  A 20 second
video comes out to like 200 hours with all the video compressed into the
first couple of seconds and a black screen after that.  What did I mess
up?

Aaron