[gst-devel] G_PARAM_FLAGS mode & addition.

ensonic ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Feb 1 17:30:09 CET 2007

hi again,

it seems that I should have explained this a bit more:

#1: GST_PARAM_CONTROLLABLE
need to go out of gstcontroller.h
* to avoid clashes when we want to add other flags elsewhere
* to avoid elements including this for the define only

#2: GST_PARAM_EDITABLE
This is useful for application that use elements in a dynamic way. That is
they get a list of elements e.g. from the registry and plug them. Still
they want to generate a UI for the user to control some settings.
It is also useful for persistence of settings.

Hope its a bit clearer now.

Ciao
  Stefan