[gst-devel] avi (MJPEG) to mpeg or something else

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Fri Feb 2 15:35:54 CET 2007

Hello,

I have this video:

sarah.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 320 x 240, 10.00 fps, video:
Motion JPEG, audio: uncompressed PCM (mono, 8000 Hz)

For my application I try to convert it with gstreamer into a mpeg,
divx or theora video. I tried the gst-launch command from [1], but it
failed with:

> LC_ALL=C gst-launch-0.8 filesrc sarah.avi ! avidemux name=demux
> demux.audio_00 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
> autoaudiosink   demux.video_00 ! queue ! decodebin !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! autovideosink

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "audioresample"
         Trying to run anyway.
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: No file name specified for
reading.
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to play.

Then I tried this:

> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc file://sarah.avi ! avidemux name=demux
> demux.audio_00 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
> autoaudiosink   demux.video_00 ! queue ! decodebin !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! autovideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
FEHLER: Von Element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Kein Dateiname zum Lesen
angegeben.
Zusätzliche Debugginginformation:
gstfilesrc.c(967): gst_file_src_start (): /pipeline0/filesrc0
Setting pipeline to NULL ...

(gst-launch-0.10:2646): GStreamer-WARNING **: loop detected in the
graph !!
FREEING pipeline ...

So any ideas the pipeline should look like?

BTW: Could gstreamer autodetect the video format input?

regards
Andreas

[1]http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-avidemux.html