[gst-devel] segmentation fault with ffenc_mpeg2video under gstreamer

Wim Taymans wim at fluendo.com
Fri Feb 2 16:57:49 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 19:43 +0530, Gajel Kumar wrote:
> hi
> When i try to to set up a pipeline to encode raw video to mpeg2 using
> ffenc_mpeg2video i am getting segmentation fault.
> Are these following pipelines correct?
>
>  I first covert a mpeg video to raw video data using pipeline
> "gst-launch filesrc location=/test.mpg ! decodbin ! filesink
> location=/test.raw"

This will discard all of the frame information such as the colorspace
and dimensions.

> And then i use the raw data to convert it to the mpeg2 video using
> pipeline
> "gst-launch filesrc location=/test.raw ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ffenc_mpeg2video ! filesink location=/test1.mpv"

Feeding random data into the encoder (colorspace converter) should make
it fail with a negotiation error.

> The first one works fine,
> but second one gives segmentation fault.

That would be a bug that needs fixing.

> And when i try to install the bad plugins from source after
> doing ./configure it displays
> a list of plugins  containing  mpeg2enc, faac,faad etc , that those
> plugins can't be build. Can anyone please tell me on what
> external libraries it depends. Or is there any alternative way to
> install those bad plugins.
> Looking forward for your help.

you'll need:

 - libmpeg2-dev
 - libfaac-dev
 - libfaad-dev

Also the REQUIREMENTS file lists the libs and versions you need along
with where you can get them.

Wim