[gst-devel] Possible bug with base sink and preroll length of > 0

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:18:16 CET 2007

Hi all,

I've been having a little trouble with a deadlock happening when I
change the state of a pipeline with a sink with a preroll queue length
of > 0.

I have attached a modified version of the stress.c test that seems to
show the problem at least for me. With my custom sink I have also had
it happening with a 0 preroll queue length but the debug looks
substantially similar in this case.

The "fix" I am using is to inspect the return code of
gst_base_sink_render_object() at line 1740 of gstbasesink.c and exit
if it's not GST_FLOW_OK. I'm not sure if that's a correct solution
though.