[gst-devel] Is parser for elementary video stream available?

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Wed Feb 7 11:02:09 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:58 +0530, Gajel Kumar wrote:
> Hi
> Can you tell me if any  parser  for elementary video stream is
> available..
> I did not find in gstreamer..

You forgot to say what sort of elementary video stream, but the answer
is likely 'no'.

I wrote a very simplistic MPEG4 (part 2) elementary video stream parser
as part of fluendo's mpeg4 video decoder, I don't think there's one of
those in the standard gstreamer plugin set.

If you meant some other format, then you could look, but we don't have a
huge number of parsers currently, and elementary stream parsers are
usually not all that useful for most people.

Mike