[gst-devel] problem in installing mpeg2enc

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 10:54:43 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 05:55 +0000, Rupam wrote:

> I am trying to install mpeg2enc from gst-plugins-bad-0.10.4. On doing
> ./configure --prefix=/usr  i get the following message
> configure: *** checking feature: mpeg2enc ***
> configure: *** for plug-ins: mpeg2enc ***
> checking for MPEG2ENC... configure: *** These plugins will not be
> built: mpeg2enc

The latest 1.8.x libmjpegtools release didn't include a required header
file (mpeg2enc/mpeg2syntaxcodes.h), so if you don't have that installed,
we won't build the plugin. Some distros have fixed their packages to
include it, others haven't.

In general, the config.log file will usually give you more information
about what exactly the configure script checked for and what failed.

 Cheers
  -Tim