[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] thomasvs gst-ffmpeg: gst-ffmpeg/ gst-ffmpeg/ext/ffmpeg/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Feb 13 16:12:41 CET 2007

> I agree with Edward on this. That message is _not_ intended for the user
> - it indicates a programming error (compiling against an FFMPEG snapshot
> that the plugin codec maps haven't been updated for). A programming
> error is a valid use of g_warning.

At the very least it should mention where the warning is coming from so
that people actually have a chance to file the problem with the correct
project.

> The real question is what were you doing to your gst-ffmpeg that meant
> you ended up seeing these messages?

I am not doing anything.  I am merely using a package provided by a
repository for my distro - and just like many other distros have started
doing, they are forcing their packages to build against one common
FFmpeg snapshot.

Thomas