[gst-devel] Static linking of GST to application

Ashok Bhat sofash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 05:40:29 CET 2007

Hi all,
I am trying to statically link gst with my application. I am using
gstreamer-0.10.11 on Fedora core 5. I tried looking for some doc/page that
explained how to statically link. I could not find any. So tried somethings
on my own.

1. When I built gst in static mode (./configure --disable-shared
--enable-static), even the basic plugins like fakesrc were not registered
(gst-inspect shows only bin and pipeline)
2. When I built gst in default mode(./configure), basic plugins were added
to registry. However when I linked my simple test file(fakesrc->fakesink) to
libgstreamer.0.10.a (static library I guess),  lots of CRITICAL debug
messages are being printed on screen.

As you can see, I am unable to proceed any further.

How do I statically link gst to my app? Is there any document/mail that I
look into?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Regards