[gst-devel] upcoming core and base releases

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Feb 21 12:26:38 CET 2007

Hi Team !

We want to do core and base releases so distros can work on the codec
integration stuff.

However, it would seem that there have been commits to core adding API
and functionality that some people have doubts about.

We used to have an unwritten policy of not commiting stuff to CVS that
is not ready yet to go in the next release.  This policy allows us to
actually do releases when we need to (security fixes, important
features, ...)

Destabilizing work, work with new unfixed API, .... should all be done
on a branch.

Is there a reason to move away from that policy, or should we stick to
it ?

If we stick to it, can we discuss what these changes are (I don't know
much about them) that we do not consider ready for a release, and either
disable them or move them to a branch ?

Let me know what you think.  I want to push for releases for next week.

Thanks
Thomas