[gst-devel] mpegts demuxer (was: Sink does not reach STATE_PLAYING)

Dirk Meyer dischi at freevo.org
Thu Feb 22 12:35:50 CET 2007

"Zaheer Merali" wrote:
> On 2/21/07, Dirk Meyer <dischi at freevo.org> wrote:
>> "Zaheer Merali" wrote:
>> > Have you tried using the fluendo mpeg demuxers?
>> >
>> > They are free software and available at:
>> >
>> > https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/trac/
>>
>> I tried, I don't get the pads for the stream. pad-added is not
>> called.
>
> Do you include the PAT and PMT in your transport stream that you are
> trying to demux?

No, only the audio and video pids. How could I do this? PAT ist easy,
it is id 0, but for PMT I need the information from the PAT to add the
pid to the device to grab.

> If not, then you need to specify the elementary stream pids with the
> parameter es-pids
>
> eg. flutsdemux es-pids=1234:1235

OK, I need current SVN, I used gst-fluendo-mpegdemux-0.10.4 from
Gentoo. With current SVN I can set the pids and get the next problem:

| ERROR ffmpeg :0:: header missing skiping one byte

This is ffdec_mp3 but I don't get this error when using the ffmpeg
demuxer. Swicthing to flump3dec gives me:

| flump3dec flump3dec.c:426:flump3dec_drain_avail: Need -5191485850105409408 more bits to decode this frame

That doesn't look right. This happens with all files that also fail
using the ffmpeg ts demuxer.

Note: this are not some strange files, they are dvb recordings from
two different channels. In case someone has an idea, here are two
files:

http://www.sachmittel.de/dvb-recording1.ts (61 MB)
http://www.sachmittel.de/dvb-recording2.ts (300 MB)

Dirk

--
Take care to get what you like, otherwise you will be forced to like
what you get.