[gst-devel] split/reassemble a stream into fixed-size buffers

Antoine Pitrou antoine.pitrou at wengo.com
Thu Feb 22 13:56:35 CET 2007

Hi,

In my application I have to end up with buffers of a fixed size (these
are PCMU audio buffers), for reasons I don't have control over.
I've tried to use a queue but the queue doesn't actually rechunk
buffers, it just waits for the threshold and size conditions to be met
and then passes the buffers unmodified.
Is there a built-in element to actually recompose a stream into
fixed-size buffers, or do I have to write a custom element using a
gst.Adapter ?

Thanks

Antoine.