[gst-devel] Video capture src for windows. Element not being registered?

Fredrik Karlsson fredrikkarlsson at fastmail.net
Wed Feb 14 14:54:51 CET 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to capture video(a webcam) in windows using GStreamer. I have
gotten GStreamer to work, I can as an example play OGG video/sound files
using libgstdirectdraw and libgstdirectsound. But finding a plugin for
capturing in windows was a bit harder. Although I did manage to find a
plugin based on videotestsrc that utilizes a lib called DScapture. This
plugin i believe is called libgstdscapturesrc and made by Joni Valtanen.

My problem is that although I can compile it and run gst-inspect on the
.dll file and getting the right info from that, gst-insect does not find
the element when I try to inspect that. I'm guessing it's something
about the element not being registered in the registry? But I'm not
sure. Anyway, the registry.x86_64.xml file does not have a reference to
it (but I'm not sure i should?).

Does anyone know what it could be?

I would really appreciate some help.

Regards,