[gst-devel] compilation with MinGW: undefined reference to `_imp__*'

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Tue Jan 2 15:04:44 CET 2007

> > try
> > #if !defined(WIN32) || defined(__MINGW32__)
>
> It does not work. But I tried:
>
> #ifndef _MSC_VER
>
> in gstinfo.h and gst_private.h, and
>
> #ifdef _MSC_VER
>
> in gstconfig.h, which is, I think, the way to check if one uses MS
> compiler or not. It does work !

Hi,

	oh my... This is really messy. There should be probably a macro to
check this. Anyway, good job :-)

> If you use a Microsoft compiler, can you check if it works for you ?

	I can't, I do not have working Windows environment at this moment. Post
the patch to bugzilla.

> > There are several people working on Windows port of GStreamer, but it
> > seems that the effort is not much coordinated, at least there is no
> > comprehensive HOWTO for newcomers. We still need somebody to do that ;-)
>
> Hehe, indeed. Maybe I'll write something this week ;-) That will be only
> for MSYS/MinGW.

We (former Xeris) have started something at http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/
but we do not support this anymore. Also there is
http://ciampix.net:8080/proj/wiki/MinGwEnvironment
If you write something new, let me know, I will link to you from our
web. Also note that matroska folks (see Christians e-mail from Dec30)
are very interested in GStreamer on Windows and may provide some
assistance.

> Right now, the adapter_test.c file does not compile because it includes
> sys/time.h. I've suppressed the compilation of the tests and the
> compilation of gstreamer finished :-)

Please create bugs for this.

I do not know about your goals, but you might be interested in
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/ixion/ixion.html player. It is a minimalistic
video player for Windows and Linux (it was originally only for gst 0.8,
and I have not ported everything to 0.10). The original author seems to
be quite willing to merge patches.

	Regards,

		Michal