[gst-devel] compilation with MinGW: undefined reference to `_imp__*'

Alberto Botti alberto.botti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:54:53 CET 2007

Il giorno mar, 02/01/2007 alle 16.48 +0100, Vincent Torri ha scritto:
> there are some things that I would not have done in that tutorial (like
> compiling all the libiconv, libintl, bison, flex, are they are available
> in the gnuwin32 site, same for glib, pango in Tor's website, libxml2 in
> Daniel Veillard's site). I would have not exported the CFLGAS variable
> (useless, and wrong values, btw), or at least , I would have set it to
> -O2, to get rid of the addition of -g that autoconf does (in a release
> mode).

The problem with linking with prebuilt libraries is that they often link
to different versions of the libraries they depend on (so I had to keep
2-3 different DLLs for libiconv, libxml and others), and the pkg-config
files installed with them pointed to different installation prefixes. I
haven't found the way to work around the library issue, so I just
recompiled everything.

About CFLAGS: I wasn't able to make "configure" find some libraries
which don't use pkg-config (such as GTK+ looking for jpeg) in any other
way. Nice to see that the values where wrong but they worked anyway :)
My experience with Windows as a developer is limited, so I just applied
these old UNIX hacks...

Note that it was written just as a rough guide to get a build
environment working and to make sure I don't forget what I did. Feel
free to point other problems or solutions, I don't really mantain that
page as the Win32 port of my application is a really low-priority
objective. If I only had the time to work on the high-priority ones :)