[gst-devel] Stop problems

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Sat Jan 6 13:21:42 CET 2007

Hello,

First I do all the stuff to build the pipeline. Works so far..

Then I record a stream:

void record (char *file)
{
  g_object_set (G_OBJECT (sink), "location", file, NULL);
  gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
}

And I stopt it:

void stop ()
{
  gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL);
}

If I start recording in another file again I get this:

WARNING **: Changing the `location' property on filesink when a file is
open not supported.

If I unref the complete pipeline at stop() and rebuild it a record() it
works. But I don't expect this is needed. So what operation is really
needed to start recording in a new file? Or have I really to build a
new pipeline?

regards
Andreas