[gst-devel] Link function is not being triggered for sink-pad of plugin.

Wim Taymans wim at fluendo.com
Thu Jan 11 13:08:38 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 17:23 +0530, Vinayak wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have written my-filter plugin and a my-sink plugin.
> When I connect this my-sink plugin to filesrc directly its link
> function for sinkpad is triggered.
>
> Now when the filter plugin is connected in between, the link for
> disp-sink sinkpad is not triggered.
>
> pipeline:   filesrc location=xyz !  my-filter  !  my-sink
>
> In this case, the link functions for srcpad & sinkpad of my-filter are
> called by gstreamer while linking.
> But the link-function associated with my-sink is not being called at
> all.
>
> What could be the possible reason for this behaviour ?
> Please suggest some points if I'm missing something here.

If you installed a link function on the source pad of your custom
filter, make sure to call the peer link function yourself as stated in
the docs of gst_pad_set_link_function(). The reason being that else the
link operation cannot be made to work/fail atomically.

Wim

Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com>