[gst-devel] gst_plugin_load_file( )

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet at purplelabs.com
Fri Jan 12 10:51:00 CET 2007

ram kumar wrote:
> hi,
>     When i look in to the function
>
> gst_plugin_load_file( ) gstremaer uses a glib
>
> function called g_module_open()....
>
> 1.In glib there are 2 g_module_open( ) functions
> (gmodule.c).The second g_module_open( )function gets
> executed only if the macro G_OS_WIN32 is defined...
> ie) an #undef statement occurs so that the second one
> gets executed....

not really, if you read the corresponding header file (gmodule.h),
you'll find this:
#ifdef G_OS_WIN32
#define g_module_open g_module_open_utf8
#define g_module_name g_module_name_utf8
#endif

that's to say: when g_module_open funtion is defined in the source code,
what is really done is defining g_module_open_utf8 if G_OS_WIN32 flag is
defined...
g_module_open is undefed, so that when the "second" definition of
g_module_open function occurs, it is its real definition...
> 2.I want to know which function does gstremer
> uses....1st one or the 2nd...????

it depends on your OS, though :)
if we don't know what OS you're running, it'll be hard to help you.
did you compile glib on your own or did you install a package/binary ?

if we consider that G_OS_WIN32 is defined, what will be called is the
second one in the code, and this will call the first one, which "real"
name is g_module_open_utf8 in this case...

> 3.If it uses the second function...there is a function
> getting called g_module_open_utf8( ).Iam not able to
> find the body of the function....Is this function
> dependent on some other library....?????

as explained above, it's the first one which is named g_module_open_utf8
if G_OS_WIN32 flag is defined...

Hope that helps,

Ben