[gst-devel] Initialization Time Reducing!

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:46:41 CET 2007

On 1/16/07, Vinayak <vinayak.pane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/16/07, ensonic <ensonic at hora-obscura.de> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > when gstreamer is started the first time or new plugins have been
> installed
> > it creates a registry cache (e.g. ~/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.*). If it
> > can't write the cache the registry will be rescanned each time. Is that
> > happening in your case.
>
> Even, I have seen this behaviour  that everytime we launch the gst
> application all the plugin .so files are rescanned and loaded into xml based
> registry. Is there any way to skip the unnecessary libraries to get scanned
> and loaded for a particular launch of gstreamer ?

  Did you read what Stefan wrote ? The ONLY reason why all .so would
be loaded is if gstreamer can't write the registry. Make sure you are
giving gstreamer applications enough rights so that they can write to
~/.gstreamer-0.10/

   Edward

> --vinayak

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/