[gst-devel] Contructing gstreamer pipeline with smpte and xvimagesink

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:49:33 CET 2007

Hi,

   The problem is smpte is creating output buffers which are too big.

   Thanks for reporting the issue, this is now fixed in gst-plugins-good cvs :

2007-01-19  Edward Hervey  <edward at fluendo.com>

        * gst/smpte/gstsmpte.c: (gst_smpte_collected):
        Allocate buffers of the right size.
        The proper size of a I420 buffer in bytes is:

            width * height * 3
            ------------------
                    2

   Edward

On 1/19/07, Snaik <snaik32 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> im trying to use smpte and xvimagesink using the following pipeline
>
> gst-launch videotestsrc ! .sink1 smpte name=s ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> xvimagesink videotestsrc pattern=snow ! s.sink2
>
> but it does'nt seem to work:
>
> [DUMP]
>
> [snaik at snipelinux ~]$ gst-launch videotestsrc ! .sink1 smpte name=s !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink videotestsrc pattern=snow ! s.sink2
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> ERROR: from element /pipeline0/xvimagesink0: Failed to create output image
> buffer of 320x240 pixels
> Additional debug info:
> xvimagesink.c(2039): gst_xvimagesink_show_frame (): /pipeline0/xvimagesink0:
> XServer allocated buffer size did not match input buffer
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...
> [snaik at snipelinux ~]$
>
> [END-OF-DUMP]
>
> but the same pipeline using ximagesink work fine
> gst-launch videotestsrc ! .sink1 smpte name=s ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ximagesink videotestsrc pattern=snow ! s.sink2
>
> plz help.
> regards

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/