[gst-devel] Problem playing DVD

Adam T. Gautier mada at gautier.org
Sun Jan 21 18:07:23 CET 2007

I am trying to play a dvd with gst-launch directly:

%>gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=dvd://

The problem is that no voices play.  The music for the movie plays but no
voices.  I am not sure how to debug this.  I have attached gst-feedbak
info.  Not sure if this will be passed on with the mail list.  Any help
would be appreciated since I am not really sure where to start.

Also is there a way to print out the stream constructed when using
something like playbin?  I tried:

%>gst-launch-0.10 --output gst.xml playbin uri=dvd://

What I am looking for is something that would tell me something closer to
what is needed to construct the pipeline for manual input into gst-launch:

%>gst-launch-0.10 gnomevfssrc location=dvd:// ! mpegdemux name=demuxer
demuxer. ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace !  sdlvideosink
       demuxer. ! queue ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

obviously I am trying to construct a pipeline for playing dvds and the
above does not work.  However, playbin does I just don't know what it does
to actually work.  Or could I use playbin and then do something with the
video/audio like encode it into H.264?

Again any help is appreciated.

TIA,

Adam