[gst-devel] source plugin blocked in PAUSE state

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Mon Jul 2 18:50:35 CEST 2007

Am Montag, den 02.07.2007, 16:44 +0200 schrieb Riccardo Corona:
> Ok,
> I've started from the plugin template from cvs as suggested on plugin
> writer manual.
> All that I've done was to change the base class to gst_base_src, just
> to see if I can create my own plugin deriving it from base_src.
> Here's some snippet:

<snipped the snippet>

> I'm omitting the implementation of these function because I haven't
> touched the plugin template from cvs, I've only erased all the
> references to the sink element since I'm trying to write a src
> plugin.
>
> Thank's.

You probably mean the sink pad.

Anyways, I cannot reproduce your problem.  I compiled the code and it
runs just fine.  Check your call to gst_element_register (which you
omitted), maybe you pass the wrong type there.

For the future, please send in complete code.  Attach the files instead
of pasting parts so the code doesn't get mangled.  I had to copy-paste
together a running plugin from your parts and the original gst-template
code.  It didn't even help anything since the result runs fine, so the
problem must lie somewhere in the parts you omitted.

--
Regards,
  René Stadler