[gst-devel] does gstreamer support sub-square buffer transfer

zhangfei gao zhangfei.gao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 03:46:36 CEST 2007

Hi,  all
Does gstreamer support sub-square transfering.

For example the original data is a square(0, 0, 100, 100), with start point
(0, 0), width is 100, height is 100.
Now I just transfer (0, 0, 50, 50), only the left half square from one
plugin to the later plugin.
Is there any method or how to negotiate.
Does standard caps has any field to describe such information.

The reason is my codec is from third party, with a limitation its output has
padding inside.
If standard buffer transering is without padding, memcpy is unavoidable.

Still, I think transfering sub-square is needed in many situations.
For example, if user want to zoom interest area, there must be some method
other than memcpy.

Could you share some ideas.

Thanks in advance