[gst-devel] overlay2sink drop yuv frames

Nie Jun niej0001 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 05:00:35 CEST 2007

Hi, I'm using overlay2sink to display my video stream and alsasink with
audio stream.

The problem is when the bit rate is too high and the CPU usage reach to 90%,
some frames are droped in overlay2. for example, decoder show its output is
200frames, and overlay2 shows it has displayed 150frames, or even less.

I guess it is because the yuv frames reach overlay2 later than the audio
stream reach alsasink, so I set the timestamps of yuv frames later than the
original ones in decoder plugin, such as 50ms. It work well, overlay2 will
display all the frames or most of them, and people can't feel the video is
later than the audio.

What I want to ask is that is there any negative effect or risk? Or you have
other comment?
Thanks!