[gst-devel] Help - Audio drop in live view

Németh Gergely ngergely at lionis.net
Tue Jul 3 16:34:32 CEST 2007

Hi!

Can anybody help me to solve a strange problem.
We have a straming video system, that use gstreamer. I sortly explain
how it is works.

***********    ********     *****    *********************
*DV source*--- *stream* ----*DSS*----*Quicktime player(s)*
***********    ********     *****    *********************

                  +-********   *********   ************   **********
                    *Record*---*m4v,aac*---*mp4creator*---*mp4 file*
                    ********   *********   ************   **********

We have an NTSC DV source, it is streamed (computter locally) by a
gstreamer command to a Darwin Streaming Server.
We use the DSS reflector modul for live view. In the movie folder of the
DSS there is an sdp file.
With Quicktime Player we can connect to the DSS (an URL like this
rtsp://192.168.0.1/s1.sdp) , and stream is reflecting.
However after about 10 minutes the audio channel become erratic, 1
minute later it is completly muted. The video woks fine.

We have also a recording channel, it is also use gstreamer to writes to
the disk the m4v video and the aac audio packets.
After the recording finished these files are processed by the mp4creator
command, and the result mp4 file also works fine.
There is no A/V synch, or any other issue with it. Quicktime can play
these files without any problem.

So my queston is, whitch system component (and why) produce the audio
drop (after 10 minutes) in the live view.

The stream command look like this:

gst-launch -v \
 dv1394src guid=$guid ! \
 dvdemux name=dv ! \
 queue ! \
   ffdec_dvvideo ! \
   videorate ! \
   ffmpegcolorspace ! \
   ffdeinterlace ! \
   videoscale ! \
   video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 ! \
   ffenc_mpeg4 me-method=4 qmin=1 qmax=8 gop-size=15 ! \
   rtpmp4vpay ! \
   tee name=rtpvtee ! \
   udpsink host=localhost port=$stream_v_port rtpvtee. ! \
   udpsink host=localhost port=$rec_v_port dv. ! \
 queue ! \
   audioconvert ! \
   audioresample ! \
   audio/x-raw-int,rate=22050,channels=1 ! \
   tee name=rawaudio ! \
   faac outputformat=0 bitrate=65536 profile=1 ! \
   rtpmp4gpay pt=97 ! \
   udpsink host=localhost port=$stream_a_port rawaudio. ! \
   faac outputformat=1 profile=1 ! \
   rtpmp4gpay pt=97 ! \
   udpsink host=localhost port=$rec_a_port

Thanks for your Help!