[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Tue Jul 3 22:37:23 CEST 2007

What version of Visual Studio are you using to build GStreamer ?
Depending on the version used, GStreamer libraries will be linked on
different version of MSVCRT.
You must link on the same version of the libc for GLIB and GSTREAMER
(you can't merge different version and you can't merge DEBUG version
with RELEASE version).
Dependency Walker is a good tool to check your dependencies
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/)
One more thing, have you made some tests with gst-launch with the
version of GStreamer you built ? Because if there is a problem between
GStreamer and Glib dependencies, you will get error with gst-launch and
gst-inspect.