[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Scott Peterson lunchtimemama at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:27:50 CEST 2007

I've replied inline.

On 7/3/07, Sébastien Moutte <sebastien at moutte.net> wrote:

> What version of Visual Studio are you using to build GStreamer ?
> Depending on the version used, GStreamer libraries will be linked on
> different version of MSVCRT.
> You must link on the same version of the libc for GLIB and GSTREAMER
> (you can't merge different version and you can't merge DEBUG version
> with RELEASE version).

I'm using VS2005 which links to MSVCR80.DLL. How can I specify the use of an
older version of the C runtime? I tried changing /MT to /MD, but that just
removed the MSVCR80 reference; it did not add a reference to MSVCRT.dll.

Dependency Walker is a good tool to check your dependencies
> (http://www.dependencywalker.com/)
> One more thing, have you made some tests with gst-launch with the
> version of GStreamer you built ? Because if there is a problem between
> GStreamer and Glib dependencies, you will get error with gst-launch and
> gst-inspect.

When I try to use gst-launch with the gstreamer binaries that I build
myself, I get the same initialization problem (probably related to the
MSVCRT problem). When I use gst-launch with the distribution binaries,
here's the error I get:
> gst-launch-0.10.exe filesrc location=dance.mp3 ! mad ! autoaudiosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
E:\devel-cvs\src\gstreamer\libs\gst\base\gstbasesrc.c(1811): (function) ():
/pipeline0/filesrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

When I try to open that file with the test app gstplayer [1], it works fine.

Thanks,
Scott

[1] http://perso.orange.es/moutte983/gstreamer/

--