[gst-devel] Real media playback

Vinay Krishnamurthy vinay.kmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:21:59 CEST 2007

Dear Experts,

I am trying to get a real media playback working on gstreamer. I run the
following command and here is the output.

[root at udp103089uds vinayk]# gst-launch-0.10 playbin
uri=file:///usr/public/vinayk/test/my_file.rm
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /playbin0/decodebin0/ffdec_rv200: Internal GStreamer
error: negotiation problem.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdec.c(1981): gst_ffmpegdec_chain ():
/playbin0/decodebin0/ffdec_rv200:
ffdec_rv20: input format was not set before data start
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...
[root at udp103089uds vinayk]#

Can you please let me know what is the problem in playing this file? I am
using the following configuration.

Gstreamer 0.10.13
Platform: Linux-x86.

Appreciate your help in this.