[gst-devel] Unsink at video stream

Miguel Luis mluis at av.it.pt
Wed Jul 11 18:17:26 CEST 2007

Hi!

I had same problem too. I noticed that separating the only one
gst-launch command line in two gst-launch command lines would solve the
problem. Since gst-launch help us to meet the right pipelines, when we
translate that pipelines to code it would not cause problem.
Try to separate the audio from the video  and send them in separate
gst-launch calls.

I would like to receive some info too about what I'm saying and why does
it happens when we make an all-in-one (audio/video) Gstreamer pipeline.

Cheers,
Miguel Luis.

cubensis at tvsol.pr.gov.br wrote:
> The goal is to send live video to an Icecast server.
>
> This is almost working:
>
> gst-launch v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue
> ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! queue
> ! theoraenc quality=16 ! queue ! oggmux name=mux
> ! shout2send ip=x.y.z.k port=8000 password=hackme mount=teste.ogg
>    alsasrc device="hw:0"
> ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-float,channels=1 ! queue
> ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-float,rate="48000",channels=1 ! queue
> ! vorbisenc quality=0.5  ! mux.
>
> The problem that persist no matter how i tweak the pipe... is an audio
> delay of 1 or 2 seconds related to the image...
>
> Please, could anyone offer suggestions ?

If we knew what it was we were doing,
it would not be called research, would it?