[gst-devel] ES filtering?

Angelo Difino angelo.difino at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:41:20 CEST 2007

Hi all,
my name is Angelo, from Italy, and first of all i'd like to thank you
so much about your
very valuable work. It seems, from my really quick research, that
Gstream is the more
flexible multimedia framework in OS.

I've spotted Gstreamer just some days ago' and I'm planning to use it
in a very easy prototype
(just to start to getting familiar with it :) ). I've read the
documentation online  but some doubts
are still here in mind...

Going directly to the point:
I need to create an ad hoc media chains where i apply an
blackbox/filter after demux and before/after
decoder in a rendering chain.

DEMUX, blackbox, DECODER, RENDERER
DEMUX, DECODER, blackbox, RENDERER

Moreover, i need to put this blackbox also in a media production chain, again
after demux and after/before decoder.

DEMUX, blackbox, MUX
DEMUX, DECODER, blackbox, ENCODER, MUX

I've seen that video/audio filter can be applied AFTER decoding
process, and i'm wondering if i can
apply this blackbox BEFORE decoding, without _caring_ the format of
the data sent by demux to
decoder. Is it possible in Gstream? Can I simply use the
GST_STATIC_CAPS ("ANY") in my element
(blackbox) I'm going to write ex-novo and create the multimedia chain,
introducing my blackbox
where i really need? Or maybe is there a simpler/clearer way to
achieve my goal using some different
features on Gstream?

Really really really thanks about your attention,
Best regards,
Angelo