[gst-devel] Help needed resolving pipeline error.

Steven Stromer filter at stevenstromer.com
Sun Jul 22 17:45:28 CEST 2007

Hi. Hope I'm posting to the best list. When executing under Fedora 6:

gst-launch filesrc location=\"$M4A_SONG\" ! decodebin ! \ lame
preset=1001 quality=0 ! filesink location=\"$MP3_SONG\" ;

I am getting the following errors:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(1614): gst_base_src_loop (): /pipeline0/filesrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

I have the following packages installed:

gstreamer.i386 0.10.11-1.fc6 installed
gstreamer-tools.i386 0.10.11-1.fc6 installed
gstreamer-plugins-base.i386 0.10.11-1.fc6 installed
gstreamer-plugins-good.i386 0.10.4-3.fc6 installed
gstreamer-plugins-ugly.i386 0.10.5-1.fc6.rf installed
gstreamer-plugins-pulse.i386 0.9.4-4.fc6 installed
gstreamer-plugins-farsight.i386 0.10.2-2.fc6 installed

Note that good and ugly are being retrieved from a different repo than
all of the other packages. These aren't available from Redhat's Fedora
repos. This is probably due to the fact that Redhat doesn't like to
touch anything that might be either unstable or potentiallly litigeous.
I could see how these errors might be a result of mixing plugin
packages, but I'm not sure.

I've looked everywhere that I can think of, but can't seem to find a
definitive reason or a solution. Any help would be much appreciated!

One more thing. When using lame in a gstreamer pipe, where would I find
docs on the available arguments? The formatting and options seem
different in this usage from the standard options described in the lame
man file.

Thanks!