[gst-devel] Making Core & Base releases

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Thu Jul 26 12:32:09 CEST 2007

I tried sending an email on Monday about this, but it seems to have
disappeared into the sourceforge black hole. Here's the 2nd try:

I'd like to make new Core & Base releases within the next week, to try
and have a new version available for Gnome 2.20. There are a few good
reasons for that, despite the fact that the last releases were only 2
weeks ago:

* There's a silly race in the state change logic that sometimes makes a
pipeline change back to the wrong state after hitting the right one.
* The new API for mixer notifications means we can make the gnome
mixer-applet not wake up 10 times per second to check for volume level
changes, at least with an ALSA sound device.
* The RTSP/SDP/RTP libs have moved to -base from -good

Accordingly, I'd like to FREEZE core & base tonight (Thursday 26th), and
make some pre-releases. If this email gets through this time, and noone
has any objections, I'll do that.

J.