[gst-devel] why gstreamer reading xml file after the pipline has been setup?

Nie Jun niej0001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 03:50:23 CEST 2007

Hi, does anyone know why the gstreamer always reading or writing xml file
after the pipline has been setup? When we analysis the performance of
encoder application, we find xml operation doesn't occur only in the
beginning, but also during encoding. And xml operation consume much more cpu
resource than we estimated. In my opinion, xml operation should only happen
before pipline setup.

What's its mechanism? Can it be optimized ?

Thanks!