[gst-devel] Contributor Agreement/Copyright Assignment

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Jun 15 21:31:48 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 05:59:54PM -0400, Bhutani Meeta-W19091 wrote:
> Motorola would like to understand if the Gstreamer project has a
> contributor agreement (or a copyright assignment agreement) that is
> posted somewhere ? We are investigating what would be needed from a
> legal standpoint to possibly contribute in the future.

There is no contributor agreement or copyright assignment.  However,
we currently have a situation where we can easily contact every
copyright holder (um, within reason) in case we need to relicense
code (for whatever reason).

The concern with corporate ownership would be lack of response from
the organization in such a case.  It's not a showstopper, but I would
encourage all companies to set up an open source licensing contact
person and decision process for handling these situations when they
arise.

dave...