[gst-devel] Problems with USB speakers

Rodrigo Castro rodrigo.castro at mezzano.com.br
Tue Jun 19 12:57:04 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Kost wrote:
> Quoting Rodrigo Castro <rodrigo.castro at mezzano.com.br>:
>

>> I am trying to use USB speakers with my Gentoo distribution, but Banshee
>> (which uses gstreamer) crashes, although MPlayer works perfectly with
>> it. After investigating a little, I noticed that gstreamer is failing
>> and making banshee crash. Testing the default output set to ALSA with
>> gstreamer-properties gives me the following error:
>>
>> gstreamer-properties-Message: Error running pipeline 'ALSA - Advanced
>> Linux Sound Architecture': Could not get/set settings from/on resource.
>> [gstalsasink.c(570): set_hwparams (): /pipeline0/alsasink1:
>> Rate doesn't match (requested 44100Hz, get 0Hz)]
>>
>> And, when running gst-launch:
>>
>> gst-launch-0.10 alsasrc device=hw:1 ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! oggmux
>> ! filesink location=/usr/bin/PCoR/sounds/start.ogg Setting pipeline to
>> PAUSED ... ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause. ERROR: from element
>> /pipeline0/alsasrc0: Could not open resource for reading.
>> Additional debug info:
>> gstalsasrc.c(526): gst_alsasrc_open (): /pipeline0/alsasrc0:
>> Recording open error: No such file or directory
>> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
>> FREEING pipeline ...
>>

> Don't you swap something here. I guess you can't record from USB
> speakers, Thats why it can't open it for reading.
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=my.ogg ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
> audioresample ! alsasink device=hw:1
>
> should work.

Yes, you are right, thanks for the correction. I was recording with this
command-line. I tried the following, and got the same error as with
gstreamer-properties. Would you have any idea?

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=my.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink device=hw:1
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/alsasink0: Could not get/set settings
from/on resource.
Additional debug info:
gstalsasink.c(570): set_hwparams (): /pipeline0/alsasink0:
Rate doesn't match (requested 44100Hz, get 0Hz)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

Thanks,
Rodrigo