[gst-devel] fakesrc slow down fps in gst-app win32...HELP!

Riccardo Corona coronariccardo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:07:39 CEST 2007

Hi,
I'm writing a fakesrc in which get mpeg4 packets and I'm setting this
timestamp:

             //The exerternal video source is at 13fps
             //FPS_DEN=1
             //FPS_NUM=13

             ts = gst_util_uint64_scale_int (frame_num * GST_SECOND,
FPS_DEN,  FPS_NUM);
            next_ts = gst_util_uint64_scale_int ((frame_num + 1) *
GST_SECOND, FPS_DEN,  FPS_NUM);

            GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP (buffer) = ts;
            GST_BUFFER_DURATION (buffer) = next_ts-ts;

And in the pipeline elements there's an equal framerate (13fps).Now, the
pipeline works well, the images are correctly showed on my directdrawsink
but...They are slowed down!!It seems that the pipeline works on 2-3 frames
less than the fakesrc so after one minute I accumulate an hard delay.So,
here's my problem:

1) I can't speed up the fakesrc modifing FPS_NUM because my video source
give me empty packets with consequent error on ffdec_mpeg4 (or I don't know
how to set a gstbuffer with empty data);

2)I've tried to speed up the pipeline setting over 20 fps on the appropriate
caps and objects proprierties (ffdec_mpeg4, videoscale and directdrawsink)
but nothing is changed,like these values are not parsed...

Can someone give me some tips to understand why the pipeline slow down?
So near but so far...

Best Regards.

--
Riccardo Corona