[gst-devel] id3demux problem

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 10:52:24 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 12:29 +0530, ved kpl wrote:

> I tried to run an mp3 file with the  pipeline contaning
> filesrc ! id3demux ! mad ! alsasink. The pipeline exits
> with an Internal Flow Error only with this particular mp3 file.
>
> gst-launch filesrc location= 01Jhoom.mp3 ! id3demux ! mad ! alsasink
>
> I tried this file with Mplayer, it played fine displaying the id3
> info. Waiting for your help.
>
> I have uploaded the mp3file and the logfile on this link

id3demux and mad can't be linked, because the caps are incompatible in
this case. There's also an APE tag in addition to the two ID3 tags, so
id3demux creates a pad with application/x-apetag caps. The pipeline for
this particular file needs to look like this:

 filesrc location=01Jhoom.mp3 ! id3demux ! apedemux ! mad !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

You should use decodebin to avoid these kind of problems.

 filesrc location=01Jhoom.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! alsasink

Cheers
 -Tim