[gst-devel] Video capture src for windows. Element not being registered?

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Wed Mar 14 13:45:10 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 14.02.2007, 14:54 +0100 schrieb Fredrik Karlsson:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to capture video(a webcam) in windows using GStreamer. I have
> gotten GStreamer to work, I can as an example play OGG video/sound files
> using libgstdirectdraw and libgstdirectsound. But finding a plugin for
> capturing in windows was a bit harder. Although I did manage to find a
> plugin based on videotestsrc that utilizes a lib called DScapture. This
> plugin i believe is called libgstdscapturesrc and made by Joni Valtanen.
>
> My problem is that although I can compile it and run gst-inspect on the
> .dll file and getting the right info from that, gst-insect does not find
> the element when I try to inspect that. I'm guessing it's something
> about the element not being registered in the registry? But I'm not
> sure. Anyway, the registry.x86_64.xml file does not have a reference to
> it (but I'm not sure i should?).
>
> Does anyone know what it could be?
>
> I would really appreciate some help.

The registry looks for plugins in certain paths only. The
".gstreamer-0.10/plugins" sub directory in your home directory is among
this path list.  I think under Windows, "home directory" refers to the
value of the USERPROFILE variable (or HOME, if that is set).
Alternatively, you could just drop the plugin into the directory where
all the other plugins are stored.

--
Regards,
  René Stadler