[gst-devel] ogg EOS

ahalda at cs.mcgill.ca ahalda at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 19 05:45:54 CET 2007

On Sun, March 18, 2007 10:19 pm, Danilo Freire wrote:
> One workaround solution is handdle the GST_MESSAGE_EOS in the bus_call
> function, and do not stop (quit) the GMainLoop.

That was the very first thing I tried, but it doesn't work.

I have to re-read the docs more carefully, but I think that elements get
an EOS flag set once they see an EOS event, and maybe start returning
GST_FLOW_UNEXPECTED errors... anyway, I don't know the details, but I
think elements are affected by seeing EOS events, which stops the stream.

I had a thought like yours that I might intercept the EOS event with a
data probe and drop it, but that seemed pretty iffy.

Allan