[gst-devel] problem muxing H264 to MPEG-TS or MP4

Lukas Ruetz lukas.ruetz at gmx.at
Mon Mar 26 17:05:43 CEST 2007

Hello gstreamers!

I've tried out the new x264-encoder commited to CVS a few days ago
and now need some advice how to mux the encoded video. As a source
I use live-video from a V4L-source.

Just encoding and decoding H.264 works:
gst-launch-0.10 \
 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 \
 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=720,height=576,framerate=(fraction)
25/1' \
 ! x264enc \
 ! ffdec_h264 \
 ! autovideosink

But if I want to mux it and save it as a file, the file-format seems to be
"invalid" and is not readable by any video-application, also not for gstreamer
itself.

I've tried to use MPEG-TS
... ! x264enc ! ffmux_mpegts ! filesink location=out.mpg

and MP4
... ! x264enc ! ffmux_mp4 ! filesink location=out.mp4

Do I miss something?
Are there other containers that can transport H.264 than MPEG-TS and MP4?

TIA
lukas