[gst-devel] Fluendo plugin

Jan Schmidt jan at fluendo.com
Fri Mar 30 14:11:54 CEST 2007

anuj mittal wrote:

> I can't figure out how to use the
> mpegts plugin.I have installed the libtsmux . But when I try to convert
> a .m2v file to
> .ts using
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=c:/shakira.m2v ! flutsmux ! filesink
> location=c:/shakira.ts

A bytestream emitted by filesrc has no identifying caps or timestamps or
any of the other things a muxer needs in order to mux it correctly.
You'll need to parse the stream first, using the mpegvideoparse element
from the gst-plugins-bad module.

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=c:/shakira.m2v ! mpegvideoparse !
flutsmux ! filesink location=shakira.ts should work.

Regards,
Jan.