[gst-devel] General question for converting audio/x-raw-int from/to audio/x-raw-float

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Wed May 2 12:25:42 CEST 2007

Hi Sebastien,

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 11:46 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> The question now is, which of these methods is the correct one and
> yields in as less distortions as possible?

I am not sure, but I believe you might find some inspiration in
http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/trunk/jack/drivers/alsa/memops.c;
although they do not have functions there for fully 32-bit wide samples,
they have others, and implement various dithering methods, which is
important for the result to have the least amount of distortion.

Cheers,

Wingo.
--
http://wingolog.org/