[gst-devel] mediatypes for AMR

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue May 8 08:50:59 CEST 2007

hi,

while updating the media type in PWG I discovered that imho the
mediatypes for AMR are "unusual".
1.) Since when do we use uppercase ?
2.) Why is there: "audio/amr","audio/AMR","audio/AMR-WB"

If there is "audio/amr-wb", then "audio/amr" should be "audio/amr-nb".
On the other hand imho we could stick to "audio/amr" and use:
* amrversion="{nb,wb}"
* use the rate=8000/16000
to differenciate.

As amrwb is still in -bad I guess its okay to change it there. What
are you thinking about it? Should we also add the lowercase version to
amrnb and mark the uppercase as deprecated (the lowercase ne could get
the armversion attribute too).

Stefan