[gst-devel] video file and pad...

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Mon May 14 14:50:58 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 14:14 +0200, fabien wrote:
> Hello,
> I tested your code, but it still doesn't work. If I comment the video
> part, the audio is playing (from avi file but not from mpeg..). So it
> must be an error on the video pipeline. I made a sketch of the pipeline...
> If anyone could find the error, it would be of great help for me.
> Thank you

You're using a capsfilter to force a particular pixel format, size, and
framerate.

You use ffmpegcolorspace (which can convert to the required pixel
format), but you don't have anything to convert to the size and
framerate you're asking for.

One specific problem you're likely to run into is that many files have
non-square pixels, but ximagesink requires square pixels. You can use
the 'videoscale' element to resize appropriately.

You can also try using videorate to change video framerate.

There may be other problems with your code, I didn't read it closely or
try it myself.

Mike