[gst-devel] fluendo plugin mpeg2dec mpeg2enc problem

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue May 15 12:10:00 CEST 2007

Stefanie Braun wrote:
> Hi,
> I already figured out the syntax for the following working pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc port=1234 ! flutsdemux name=demux ! queue ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! flutsmux name=mux demux. ! queue ! video/mpeg ! queue mux. mux. ! udpsink host=192.168.5.5 port=1234
>
> But when I integrate mpeg2dec and mpeg2enc in the video path of the above pipeline, no audio arrives at the client (192.168.5.5)!
>
> not working:
> gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc port=1234 ! flutsdemux name=demux ! queue ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! flutsmux name=mux demux. ! queue ! video/mpeg ! mpeg2dec ! mpeg2enc ! queue mux. mux. ! udpsink host=192.168.5.5 port=1234
>
> I cannot figure out the problem. Any help is very welcome!

Sorry, not sure. The first thing that springs to mind is that you're
losing UDP packets because the CPU is too slow to handle both decode and
encode fast enough and the input queue fills up, but that would cause
corruption in the video stream as well, rather than just total loss of
the audio stream.

J.