[gst-devel] some info on finalize() needed

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Thu May 17 21:10:16 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 17.05.2007, 18:15 +0530 schrieb Snaik:
> Hi,
>   i was just wondering that exactly is the action of a finalize
> function on a GObject.
> i went thru the gobject docs but that did not help me.
>
> on most of the plugin sources that i have read thru,
> it appears that the finalize function does the cleanup of an object
> before destroying it.
>
> i would like to be sure of this.
> plz reply
>
> thanx

Refer to this:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-memory.html

Excerpts:

  "Invocation time: Last call to g_object_unref for an instance of
target type."

  "Finalize is expected to complete the destruction process initiated by
dispose. It should complete the object's destruction. finalize will be
executed only once. finalize should chain up to its parent
implementation just before returning to the caller.

--
Regards,
  René Stadler